NEW POSITION: jcira multicultural center
Up to 15 hours per week
Do you want to help people and make a difference right here where you live? Do you speak Spanish and English? Apply now for this part-time position, where you can play a key role at the JCIRA Multicultural Center.
Job Description: Bilingual JCIRA Multicultural Center Administrator
The mission of JCIRA is to support the rights of immigrants and their families, giving priority to those who live or work on the Olympic Peninsula and immigrant detainees within Washington State, through access to legal services, standing witness, family support, community education and advocacy for local, state and national immigration issues.
Commitment to this mission is essential.
Location: Work at the JCIRA Multicultural Center, up to 15 hours per week. Some hours will be fixed every week and others will vary with the center’s schedule of events.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide a friendly presence at the Center
- Greet visitors, orient them to the center and provide referrals.
- Coordinate with Outreach Coordinator to make information and services available with Jefferson County agencies/organizations.
Administrative and maintenance duties
- Set up and maintain a calendar of events for the center.
- Work with event providers, staff and board to schedule events.
- Help with administrative tasks such as photocopying.
- Set up the space for events on the calendar, and rearrange as needed.
- Keep the center tidy and clean.
- Maintain Center printed resource materials from JCIRA and other agencies – rack cards, business cards, etc.
- Maintain mailing/phone lists for newsletter, fundraising & other communication.
- Recruit, orient and assign volunteers for specific tasks.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions for volunteer involvement to the board.
- Help at JCIRA events; ideally, assign volunteers to help.
Ideal Skills and Experience
- Native Spanish speaker desired, bilingual in Spanish/English essential. Be able to participate in a group in either language
- Outgoing personality, someone who can work well with clients, volunteers, Board, and the general community.
- Computer skills; software currently used includes MS Office or equivalent, Mailchimp, donor software and DeepL. Training will be provided as necessary.
- Connections to Latino and other immigrants, especially in Jefferson and/or Clallam Counties are very desirable.
- Self-motivation, ability to work independently and bring ideas to the job.
- Ability to work with people in need, compassionately and without judgment.
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality of client information.
HS graduate or equivalent; additional education or relevant life experience very welcome.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary: $25/hr. This is a contract position that can be renewed yearly.
Benefits: 45 paid hours per year used as vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
Proposed hiring date: October 2023
Please send a cover letter and completed application form to: Email: email@example.com; or mail: JCIRA, PO Box 647, Port Townsend, WA 98368. Note: A resume is optional. Download the application below.
JCIRA is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action to ensure against discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, religion, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.
Download the application for this position here: