VOLUNTEERS MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
SEE HOW YOU CAN HELP.
Discover the many opportunities to volunteer. (Above, JCIRA Outreach Coordinator Natalia Duran and member Libby Palmer read a book to children from the Welcoming Library at Jefferson County Public Library. The Welcoming Library is a collection of books that tell the stories of how families came to the U.S.)
- Assist with programs, including administrative or clerical tasks, setting up for meetings, or other needs.
- Organize and lead a class or workshop. (We're still developing programs. Let us know if you have any ideas.)
- Provide assistance for our outreach program under the direction of the outreach coordinator and JCIRA board.
- Take photos of JCIRA events.
- Create posters for events.
- Make items for sculptural displays.
- Design graphics for the JCIRA website.
- Write or assist with the publication of the monthly JCIRA newsletter or our website.
- Help maintain our membership and community mailing lists.
- Monitor certain immigration-related websites and share news with members through JCIRA communications.
- Keep informed about legislative changes and advise JCIRA.
- Speak another language? Help with translation and outreach, which will be invaluable.
- Help recruit and engage volunteers and members.
- Serve as an amabassador or link between JCIRA and any community organizations that you are involved with. (Examples: Dove House, police, sheriff, charities, congregations, political organizations, schools, health providers, professional associations, and other local groups.)
- Work with our outreach committee to develop and assist with speaking engagements to community groups.
- Join with others to help plan demonstrations in support of immigrants.
- Monitor web-based petitions and provide them to members to sign.
- Participate in, and help coordinate, visits to the NW Detention Center in Tacoma for our membership. (Volunteers can help provide snacks, water, and listening ears to visiting family members. You'll learn about the effects of our immigration policies in a personal way.)
- Become certified as an Accredited Representative to inform immigrants of their legal options. Help them complete immigration applications and other paperwork.
JCIRA MULTICULTURAL CENTER
2322 WASHINGTON ST.
2322 WASHINGTON ST.